Teaching and demonstrating the principles of aerodynamics has never been easier (or more fun) than with the all-new AMA Alpha hand launch, rubber-powered airplane! This portable EPS foam and stick balsa aircraft is quickly and easily assembled thanks to its simple clip-together technology. No cutting is required! Designed by Tom Sanders, a member of the AMA Education Committee, the airplane is built to withstand tough crashes and repairing it is simple. No more splintered piles of balsawood for sad students to take home and never fly again! Because of the Alpha's durability and design, when flying time ends the airplane is swiftly disassembled, packed in its included box, and taken home to fly another day. The sky is calling-it's time to take aerospace education to new heights!
The Alpha features:
- A fully molded main wing with built-in cambered airfoil and polyhedral made from easily repaired composite EPS sheet.
- Fast assembly and disassembly with simple movable main wing mount for center of gravity changes.
- Molded aileron, elevator, and rudder tabs for trim changes.
- 20:1 ratio winder with 80 inches of FAI competition rubber.
- An updated nose bearing with lowered hook position so rubber doesn’t bind.
- Molded-in hooks for using an ultra-simple winding stooge.
- Detailed and illustrated instructions to take educational advantage of the new aerodynamic features.
- Classic outlines for an overall aesthetic that looks good.
We offer educational discounts! Contact the Museum Store at email@example.com for more details.
The results are in for the first AMA Alpha Youth Postal Contest! Thank you to ALL that participated!
1st Place-Brandon Gee (1min, 1 sec)
2nd Place-Daniel Carreno (40sec)
3rd Place-Tomas Carreno (31sec)
4th Place-Celine Wang (30sec)
5th Place-Liam McLain (21sec)